Our Primary Care Team is committed to safeguarding children and adults. The safety and welfare of children and adults who come into contact with our services either directly or indirectly is paramount, and all staff have a responsibility to ensure that Best Practice is followed, including compliance with statutory requirements.
We are committed to a Best Practice which safeguards children and adults irrespective of their background, and which recognises that a child may be abused regardless of their age, gender, religious beliefs, racial origin or ethnic identity, culture, class, disability or sexual orientation.
The Primary Care Team are committed to working within agreed policies and procedures and in partnership with other agencies, to ensure that the risks of harm to a child or adult are minimised. This work may include direct and indirect contact with children, access to patient’s details and communication via email or text message/telephone.
Our Surgery is supported by the ICB who have designated Nurses and Doctors in post who offer professional expertise and advice regarding safeguarding children.
- Are you worried a child or adult may be at risk of abuse or neglect? See it, hear, recognise it, report it! Call Customer First on 0808 800 4005 www.suffolksp.org.uk
- Suffolk health visiting and school nursing service – for advice, call the ‘health hub’ on 0345 607 8866 or e mail [email protected]
- National Domestic Abuse helpline 0808 2000 247 www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- Local Suffolk Domestic Abuse advice -Anglia Care Trust DA Hotline – 0800 9775690
- Safe lives – Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID-19. www.safelives.org.uk/news-views/domesticabuse-and-covid-19
- NSPCC helpline 0808 800 5000 If you’re worried about a child or even unsure and need advice. www.nspcc.org.uk
- Childline 0800 1111 Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years and under whatever the worry.
- MIND – mental health support with specific advice on Coronovirus and your wellbeing www.mind.org.uk
- Young minds – Supporting children, young people and their parents / carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice about managing self isolation and anxiety about COVID-19 www.youngminds.org.uk apps for teenagers with self harm / suicidal thoughts ‘stay alive’ and ‘calmharm’
- ICON: Babies cry, you can cope. www.iconcope.org and http://purplecrying.info/